Tuesday 4 October 2011

"Waking the Witch" by Kelley Armstrong

You've probably noticed by now that I enjoy Kelley Armstrong's novels.  I've read most of them.  I'd like to read the few books of hers that I haven't gotten to yet.

The Armstrong book that I've read most recently is "Waking the Witch".  Part of the "Otherworld" (sometimes called "Women of the Otherworld") series, "Waking the Witch" centres on the witch and private investigator Savannah Levine.  Savannah takes on her first solo case by travelling to a small town to investigate some murders.  She soon discovers that in this case, nothing is as it seems.

Although it wasn't my favorite book in the series, I did enjoy it and getting to read more about Savannah.  If you're just looking for a stand alone book I wouldn't really recommend it, but it does have its place in the series.

To read my longer review of "Waking the Witch" by Kelley Armstrong, click here.

If you enjoy "Waking the Witch", I recommend:

1 comment:

  1. I am a Kelly Armstrong fan. Having said that, I found this story to be sadly lacking. It is basically a mystery, but not a good one. It throws out a lot of red herrings but never gives the reader enough information to figure out what is really happening.

    ReplyDelete