Thursday 23 June 2011

"The Time of Singing" by Elizabeth Chadwick

I'm a sucker for a good historical novel.  I love the combination of historical fact and historical plausibility, and how we get the feeling of a period rather than just the facts.  If you're interested in fiction set during the Middle Ages, then I'd recommend "The Time of Singing" by Elizabeth Chadwick.  The novel spans a longish time period with a lot of characters and a lot of historical information.  Chadwick managed to take all of this information and story line (and it's a lot), and weave it together into a coherent and gripping novel.

To read my longer review of "The Time of Singing" by Elizabeth Chadwick, click here.
To visit Elizabeth Chadwick's official website, click here.

If you enjoy "The Time of Singing", I recommend reading Elizabeth Chadwick's other fantastic novels set during the Middle Ages.  I would also recommend Philippa Gregory and Posie Graeme-Evans's novels.  I haven't read anything by the following authors (yet), but I've been told they write in the same genre: Margaret George, Rosalind Laker, Alison Weir.

No comments:

Post a Comment