Wednesday 6 July 2011

"Brisingr" by Christopher Paolini

I admit that I'm a little behind the times when it comes to Christopher Paolini's books.  Everyone was talking about Eragon when it came out way back in 2003.  Even my dad read and loved it and recommended it to me.  I put it on my mental list of books to read, but somehow never actually got around to it until recently.

The good news about procrastination is that I didn't have to wait for the next book in the series to be published.  I read the first three books of the "Inheritance Cycle" one right after the other, and the long awaited fourth book is due out in a few months.

"Brisingr" is Paolini's third book.  It continues the story of Eragon and his dragon Saphira.  (You could debate whether she's his dragon or he's her person; I think it's some of both.)  I enjoyed the book and thought it was probably the strongest in the series so far.  It tied together and explained a lot of points from earlier books.  Also, I really liked the moments of fierceness  that came out coupled with very quiet scenes.  There were a few things that I personally was disappointed by, but overall it was a good read and I'm looking forward to the last book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment