Monday 20 August 2012

"The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown

Although I'm a voracious reader, I don't always have a huge amount of interest for extremely popular books (think Michael Crichton, etc.).  Sometimes I read them, though, just to see what all the hype is about and to be able to discuss them with others.  I did this with "The Da Vinci Code" when it was the huge book of the year, and I read Dan Brown's most recent book, "The Lost Symbol", as well.

In true Dan Brown fashion, "The Lost Symbol" features adventures around a well=known world city involving a secret group and lots of symbols/clues hiding in plain site.  It had some entertainment value, but--to me--it was an unremarkable book.  The most interesting part for me was the role of freemasonry in American history (some of what is told is true; some is fictional).  It was a topic that I would be interested in reading a non-fiction book about.

To find out if "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown is an accurate depiction of freemasonry, click here.  Also "The Lost Symbol" brought freemasonry into the spotlight.  Do you think it revealed too much about this traditionally secretive group?  Click here to read some of the debate.  (Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment