Monday 4 April 2011

Books on the Big Screen

Having recently read some Austen fan fiction, I was left wanting to re-visit the original.  So when my husband and I wanted to put on a DVD last night, I suggested "Pride & Prejudice".  We watched the 2005 version with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen.

Although books often get butchered when they are adapted into screenplays, this movie really did "Pride & Prejudice" justice.  The film is true to Austen's original novel, and it is a beautifully made film.  I absolutely love the cinematography in it (pay attention in scenes like when Elizabeth is on the swing outside, when Elizabeth and Darcy dance, etc.).  This really is an example of a book that transitioned beautifully to the big screen.

There are some book-to-movie adaptations that I wish had never been made, but "Pride & Prejudice" is both a classic novel and great film.  Click here to find out some other films that I think would make great movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment