Friday 1 April 2011

"Evermore" by Alyson Noel

Teen fiction is big business.  Not only do teens read, lots of pre-teens and adults read teen books (technically young adult literature). 

"The Immortals" is a series of books written primarily for teen girls by Alyson Noel.  Basically there are "immortals".  They're people who live forever (unless killed).  They're not vampires or other traditional immortal creatures, but instead seem to get their immortality from a weird red drink that they chug.  There's a cheesy high school love story complete with jealousy and family issues.

These books, beginning with "Evermore", are really popular.  Either that or someone is filling up warehouses with them, because they've been best sellers.  Being honest, though, I have to say that these are far from the best teen fiction books--even teen paranormal romance books--that I have read.  The characters just aren't real enough for me, and it's all just a bit too melodramatic.  I'd recommend reading other books like "The House of Night" series or the "Generation Dead" series.  Even if you want cheesy romance, you'd be better off sticking to the "Twilight" books.

To find out more about "Evermore" either click here or visit Alyson Noel's official website.

If you like "Evermore", be sure to check out the sequel, "Blue Moon".

1 comment:

  1. I am a person considered offensive to society, nineteenth century tell a thousand views, I visited your blog and I love, a hug from Reus Catalonia and many thanks for visiting my blog, you are a very brave person.

    ReplyDelete