Tuesday 5 April 2011

"Midnight Never Come" by Marie Brennan

"Midnight Never Come" is a historical fantasy novel.  It's set in Elizabethan England, but describes an underground fairy court in addition to the Tudor one that history teaches us about.  Even though it is a fantasy novel, it was very carefully researched both in terms of history and folklore.

Overall, though, I have to admit that I was disapointed by "Midnight Never Come".  The novel had so much potential and could have been really exciting.  In the end, though, it just didn't manage to fully capture my attention or imagination.  Brennan had a great concept, but --for me-- the novel didn't execute her idea as well as it could have.

To find out more about "Midnight Never Come" by Marie Brennan, either read my article on the book or visit Brennan's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment