Tuesday 8 March 2011

"Darkness Divine" anthology

I was browsing the library recently, randomly looking through books.  In the fantasy & sci-fi section I noticed the book "Darkness Divine". The cover art was mediocre, but it grabbed my attention because the name P.C. Cast was on the cover. I'd recently read her newest "House of Night" book, so I figured it was worth checking out "Darkness Divine".



"Darkness Divine" is actually a collection of long-ish short stories by contemporary women fantasy writers: P.C. Cast, Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne, and Rhyannon Byrd.  As is typical in an anthology, I enjoyed some of the stories more than others.  Overall it was a fairly fast and entertaining book to read.  Most of the stories just offered tasters of that author's style and type of subject matter, so it's a good guide to the genre if you're looking at getting books by some of these authors.

To read my longer review of "Darkness Divine", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment