Wednesday 9 March 2011

"Divine by Mistake" by P.C. Cast

I mentioned in my last post that I read the short story anthology "Darkness Divine".  P.C. Cast's story in that anthology seemed odd as a stand-alone work.  After reading it, I realized that the story is associated with Cast's "Divine" series of books.  So I read the first book in the series, "Divine by Mistake".

The basic gist of the book is that a modern woman (Shannon) exchanges places with her counterpart in a sort of mythological parallel universe (Partholon).  There she's expected to be high priestess/goddess incarnate, help fight off hordes of evil invaders, and figure out a relationship with a sexy centaur.  Cast's writing is--as I expect from her--very involving and entertaining.

To read my full review of "Divine by Mistake", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment